Brighton & Hove, a city which champions volunteering: valuing the contribution that volunteers make; striving to ensure positive volunteering experiences; and recognising the impact of volunteering on the economic, social, cultural, leisure and environmental life of the city.
- Raise awareness of volunteering across Brighton & Hove – by regularly bringing volunteering to the attention of cross sector partners, the media and the public
- Increase the number of people committing to volunteer from all communities – through attracting more volunteers from diverse communities across the city
- Enhance recognition of the value that volunteers bring to the city – through regular promotion of the triple impact of volunteering for the city, business and organisations, and individuals
- Improve accessibility of volunteering opportunities – by creating more high quality, well supported, accessible volunteering opportunities
- Promote good practice in working with volunteers – through continuing support of the cross sector Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum and endorsement of the need to adequately resource volunteer management and support.
To find out more about how organisations are continuing to make Brighton & Hove a city which champions volunteering, click on the links below:
Brighton & Hove City Council: