Equality & Inclusion Partnership Terms of Reference - [TOR PDF]
The Equality & Inclusion Partnership’s overarching purpose is to drive improvements in collaboration between public services and local communities to reduce inequality and foster community resilience and activity.
The Equality & Inclusion Partnership (known as EquIP):
- will engage with diverse communities across the city to improve our understanding of their experiences of living and working in Brighton and Hove and identify opportunities, needs and service gaps for championing across the family of partnerships
- will work to ensure services hear the voices of residents from all protected groups
- will advise, drive, guide and support the B&H Connected family of partnerships on equality, inclusion and community engagement
- will act as critical friend as well as promote and share good practice, to help B&H Connected and all its constituent organisations develop and improve their equality, inclusion and community engagement policies, practices and culture
This Partnership was created on 24 June 2014 replacing the City Inclusion Partnership and City Engagement Partnership.
The Partnership is jointly chaired by:
- Brighton & Hove City Council Lead Member for Communities & Equality
- Third Sector Representative
The partnership comprises representatives from the city’s community and voluntary sector, from public services – Brighton & Hove City Council, Brighton & Sussex University Hospital, Sussex Police, Clinical Commissioning Group, East Sussex Fire & Rescue, Surrey, Kent and Sussex Probation - councillors and businesses.
Minutes from previous meetings:
July 2019 [PDF]
April 2019 [PDF]
July 2018 [PDF]
October 2017 [PDF]
July 2017 [PDF 79KB]
April 2017 [PDF 269KB]
January 2017 [PDF 273KB]
October 2016 [PDF 276KB]
July 2016 [PDF 263KB]
January 2016 [PDF 261KB]
October 2015 [PDF 263KB]
September 2015 [PDF 383KB]
April 2015 [PDF 296KB]
February 2015 [PDF 2389KB]
November 2014 [PDF 259KB]
June 2014 [PDF 250KB]
Contact the Partnership c/o Emma McDermott, Head of Communities, Equality and Third Sector, Brighton & Hove City Council.
T: 01273 291577