Our plans focus on the following areas:
- Increasing our knowledge about the nature and extent of modern slavery in the city
- Increase awareness among the statutory, voluntary, community and faith sectors and to the general public so that people recognise the signs of modern slavery and reporting to the police and other relevant agencies is increased
- Develop a strategic partnership plan
- Support and extend enforcement activity and other work to prevent child sexual exploitation and modern slavery within the local hospitality, service sector and night-time economy.
- Improving the support and care provided to victims of modern slavery, including when they have been identified as part of an enforcement operation