What we plan to do
- Have less traffic and congestion in the city through a year on year on reduction in car use of between 10-20% by 2026, which will be detailed in the Local Transport Plan
- Reduce the impact of traffic in the city centre.
- Introduce Park & Ride at key arterial routes into the city in association with a wider demand and parking management strategy for the city
- Reduce impact of school run on congestion by encouraging walking and cycling as healthy alternatives
- Improve traffic flow by removing unnecessary bottlenecks on key corridors and routes where possible, giving priority to sustainable transport
- Develop an Urban Freight Management Plan to assist the movement of goods and to promote economic growth
- Consult with relevant bodies at an early stage through the Transport Partnership when transport and parking schemes are being developed