- Achieve a cultural shift in the city which challenges and changes tolerance to problematic drinking
- Seek to reduce of alcohol consumption across the city through measures to reduce its availability, especially to young people and heavy drinkers
- Reduce the negative impacts arising out of the night-time economy
- Identify alcohol misusers at an early stage, and provide them with effective treatment and after care
- Encourage a more balanced range of evening and night-time economy uses in central Brighton, which appeal to a wide range of age and social groups.
See the Alcohol section in the Health chapter for further information on health aspects of alcohol misuse.