To strengthen communities and involve people, we will build this relationship between residents and service providers, focussing on:
- Equality; to make sure we have a city free from discrimination that enables every individual to have an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives and talents.
- Inclusion; to remove barriers and make sure residents feel a part of our city and are able to take advantage of the education, employment, services and cultural opportunities that living here brings.
- Engagement; to make sure we collaborate effectively with citizens so they have a voice in the decisions that affect them and are empowered to take a more active role in the provision of services.
- Third Sector Delivery; to make sure we commission effectively and develop the voluntary sector marketplace so that it is able to respond to need and opportunities.
Specifically, we will:
- Advise, drive, guide and support the Brighton & Hove Connected family of partnerships on community development, equality, inclusion and community engagement
- Use research and data to gain insight into our communities, service users, customers and social capital to identify opportunities, needs and service gaps for championing across the family of partnerships
- Work to ensure services hear the voice of residents from protected groups and from all parts of the city
- Develop a business case for BHCC collaborating with the third sector in the context of increasing service demands and financial pressures, including case studies of successful collaboration
- Develop placed based engagement and commissioning linked to the neighbourhoods agenda and Caring Together Plans around multi community speciality providers
- Develop a new Communities Fund themed around Collaboration, Engagement and Resilience